Re: [XSL-FO] Re: selecting data for running headers

  • J.Pietschmann
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2004
      Dave Pawson wrote:

      > At 18:05 01/07/2004, you wrote:
      >

      >>Look carefully:
      >>
      >>A marker is always selected from the current page or a page before,
      >>never from a page after the current page.
      >>
      >>The FO will roughly look like this:
      >> table
      >> item 10 marker=10
      >> item 10 marker=20
      >> item 5 marker=25
      >> --- assume page break here ---
      >> item 20 marker=45
      >>The marker containing "25" is retrieved.
      >

      > And that was my problem, the '25' marker is not 'within-page' Joerg?
      > Hence it must be the 'carried forward' figure,
      > rather than the 'total this page' figure.

      Oh well, misunderstandings at large, sorry. I also misread "The
      last element on the previous page will be selected." Of course, the
      code would select the last marker from the current page if there
      are matching markers there, not the previous page.
      I meant the '25' is retrieved on the page where the table starts,
      rather than the next page. If the value has to occur on the next page,
      the marker generator has to shift them one table row ahead, and
      retrival should use first-starting-within-page.

      Sorry for the confusion.

      J.Pietschmann