Re: [XSL-FO] Re: selecting data for running headers

  • Dave Pawson
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1 9:09 AM
      At 08:49 01/07/2004, Chris Bowditch wrote:

      >This is straight forward to achieve using markers. Simply place all
      >occurences
      >of the element into a fo:marker with the same class name. Then the retrieve
      >marker in static content of the next page should look like:
      >
      ><fo:retrieve-marker retrieve-class-name="amarker"
      >retrieve-boundary="page-sequence"
      >retrieve-position="last-starting-within-page"/>
      >
      >The last element on the previous page will be selected. We use this technique
      >for running page totals without problem.

      I'm not sure I understand this Chris?
      That sounds like the running total will be from the last page,
      not this one?
      Or is it the 'first item on page' (the carried forward sum?)

      regards DaveP
    • J.Pietschmann
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 1 10:05 AM
        Dave Pawson wrote:
        > I'm not sure I understand this Chris?
        > That sounds like the running total will be from the last page,
        > not this one?

        Look carefully:
        >>retrieve-position="last-starting-within-page"/>

        A marker is always selected from the current page or a page before,
        never from a page after the current page.

        The FO will roughly look like this:
        table
        item 10 marker=10
        item 10 marker=20
        item 5 marker=25
        --- assume page break here ---
        item 20 marker=45
        The marker containing "25" is retrieved.

        J.Pietschmann
      • Dave Pawson
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 1 11:08 AM
          At 18:05 01/07/2004, you wrote:

          >Look carefully:
          > >>retrieve-position="last-starting-within-page"/>
          >
          >A marker is always selected from the current page or a page before,
          >never from a page after the current page.
          >
          >The FO will roughly look like this:
          > table
          > item 10 marker=10
          > item 10 marker=20
          > item 5 marker=25
          > --- assume page break here ---
          > item 20 marker=45
          >The marker containing "25" is retrieved.

          And that was my problem, the '25' marker is not 'within-page' Joerg?
          Hence it must be the 'carried forward' figure,
          rather than the 'total this page' figure.

          regards DaveP
        • J.Pietschmann
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 1 1:20 PM
            Dave Pawson wrote:

            > At 18:05 01/07/2004, you wrote:
            >

            >>Look carefully:
            >>
            >>A marker is always selected from the current page or a page before,
            >>never from a page after the current page.
            >>
            >>The FO will roughly look like this:
            >> table
            >> item 10 marker=10
            >> item 10 marker=20
            >> item 5 marker=25
            >> --- assume page break here ---
            >> item 20 marker=45
            >>The marker containing "25" is retrieved.
            >

            > And that was my problem, the '25' marker is not 'within-page' Joerg?
            > Hence it must be the 'carried forward' figure,
            > rather than the 'total this page' figure.

            Oh well, misunderstandings at large, sorry. I also misread "The
            last element on the previous page will be selected." Of course, the
            code would select the last marker from the current page if there
            are matching markers there, not the previous page.
            I meant the '25' is retrieved on the page where the table starts,
            rather than the next page. If the value has to occur on the next page,
            the marker generator has to shift them one table row ahead, and
            retrival should use first-starting-within-page.

            Sorry for the confusion.

            J.Pietschmann