Re: Creating PDF on the fly out of a JAVA-Appl.

  • ultimatejerko@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2 7:43 AM
      Actually, it's very simple. Here are the steps:
      1. Create your XML Document or file (I'll give examples of the file
      way).
      2. Instantiate an XMLReader to parse.
      3. Instantiate a org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.

      org.apache.fop.apps.Driver driver = new org.apache.fop.apps.Driver();

      4. Add element mappings and property lists as needed.

      driver.addElementMapping("org.apache.fop.fo.StandardElementMapping");

      5. Set your renderer to PDF.

      driver.setRenderer("org.apache.fop.render.pdf.PDFRenderer",
      org.apache.fop.apps.Version.getVersion());

      6. I used the XSLTransform tool to do the transformation.

      XSLTransform.transform(dummyXML, stylesheet, writer);

      7. Build your FO Tree.

      driver.buildFOTree(parser, new InputSource(reader));

      8. Call format & render.

      driver.format();
      driver.render();

      That's it. We use something similar in production today.

      Hope it helps,
      Lou

      --- In XSL-FO@y..., schubert_ingo@y... wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I want to transform XML-FO to PDF in a JAVA-Application via FOP.
      >
      > Could somebody tell me how I can do this. Perhaps with a small
      > example of the JAVA-sourcecode ?
    • swathi_chilukuri
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 11, 2002

        Can you post the sample java code?

        Also, have you been able to do page breaks in xslt, depending on the
        number of rows in a table?

        I am new to FOP, so I would appreciate some help. Thanks.

        Swathi