Memory Problems embedding FOP

  • gavaroo_99
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 25, 2004
      Is there something wrong with my xsl?

      Problem occurs occasionally on Tomcat server:
      java.lang.OutOfMemoryError^M

      I suspect the FOP implementation in web app.

      I've posted a couple of files in testXSL. The xml is an example of
      the content we would like to make into a PDF using the xsl file.
    • gavaroo_99
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 25, 2004
        I should've mentioned, I've tried all the fixes on the FOP website
        to increase heap size.

        --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "gavaroo_99" <ist2001a_gmills2@h...>
        wrote:
        > Is there something wrong with my xsl?
        >
        > Problem occurs occasionally on Tomcat server:
        > java.lang.OutOfMemoryError^M
        >
        > I suspect the FOP implementation in web app.
        >
        > I've posted a couple of files in testXSL. The xml is an example of
        > the content we would like to make into a PDF using the xsl file.
      • Ryan Graham
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 25, 2004
          I've had that error while using XEP. It was resolved with the following
          switches to increase the amount of memory that Java can use to do
          transformations. I think the default is 16MB, but I change it to a 1GB when
          making the call:

          java -Xms16M -Xmx1024M ...

          HTH,
          RG

          wrote:
          > Is there something wrong with my xsl?
          >
          > Problem occurs occasionally on Tomcat server:
          > java.lang.OutOfMemoryError^M
          >
          > I suspect the FOP implementation in web app.
          >
          > I've posted a couple of files in testXSL. The xml is an example of
          > the content we would like to make into a PDF using the xsl file.

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          To visit your group on the web, go to: