Re: running headers with Apache FOP

  • neuggs@concentric.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2 7:37 AM
      Lou,

      Have you tried using <fo:static-content>? For example, for a given
      page-sequence, you'd have something like:

      <fo:page-sequence
      master-name="foo">
      <fo:static-content
      flow-name="xsl-region-before">
      <fo:block>
      YOUR HEADER HERE
      </fo:block>
      </fo:static-content>

      </fo:page-sequence>

      Note that you'll need to define <fo:region-before> in the simple-page-
      master used by the page sequence (e.g., "foo"). Note also, that for a
      page-sequence, the static-content must come before anything else.

      Hope this helps, if you need more detail, just let me know.

      Regards,
      Frank.

      --- In XSL-FO@y..., ultimatejerko@y... wrote:
      > Does anyone know how to implement running headers using Apache's
      FOP

    • ultimatejerko@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2 8:04 AM
        OK, but how do I get "YOUR HEADER HERE" to reference data in my
        flow. Say my data flow was user names and I wanted the header of
        each page to show the first user name listed on that page - any
        ideas? Am I not using page sequences correctly?

        -Lou

      • neuggs@concentric.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2 10:20 AM
          Hi Lou,

          Wish I could help you there. I do not believe you can ask the
          formatter what it's doing at runtime. Theoretically, this is the task
          of XSL-T, but obviously, you require something different.

          One potential "hack" is to force page breaks at intervals. This is
          difficult to explain in email without a better understanding of your
          XML (you may already be aware of this too). Let me know if you think
          there's potential in this and if so, send a small snippet of XML and
          your intended output and I'll try and help.

          Perhaps someone else has a better solution.