Entity Reference in Character Data

  • phrodon
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17, 2004
      My XSL is reading XML created from a Java object (using FOP and the
      SaxParser). In the select example below...

      <fo:block xsl:use-attribute-sets="ACIRegularLabel">
      <xsl:value-of text=cdata select="//fileDescription"/>
      </fo:block>

      ... if the value inside the //fileDescription contains a special
      character (e.g. & or ;) it throws this:

      The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in the entity
      reference

      Since I have no control over the value inside the //fileDescription
      string in the Java object, is there any way for this to work? I was
      thinking something using CDATA but I am not sure about that.

      Help!

      Thanks,

      Mike