external-graphic question

  • Somas, Arun
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 15, 2004
      I have a well defined view port (800x600). I do not know the content-width
      or content-height of the jpeg images I want to fit in.

      <fo:external-graphic overflow="scroll" scaling="uniform" height="600pt"
      width="600pt" content-width="auto" content-height="auto"
      space-before.optimum="4pt" space-after.optimum="4pt">

      With the above, my images are not uniformly scaled. They are squeezed (the
      aspect ratio is lost) if the width is > 600.

      What am I doing wrong here?

      _______________________________

      addressee and may contain information that is privileged and confidential.

      If the reader of the message is not the intended recipient or an authorized
      representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
      received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail
      and delete the message and any attachments from your system.

    • christian brugeron
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 16, 2004
        In your code, you specify a square for the image to fit. Suppress one
        of the dimension so the scaling will be uniform.

        hth

        cb

        Le 16 Jun 2004, � 03:53, Somas, Arun a �crit :

        > I have a well defined view port (800x600).� I do not know the
        > content-width
        > or content-height of the jpeg images I want to fit in.
        >

        > � <fo:external-graphic overflow="scroll" scaling="uniform"
        > height="600pt"
        > width="600pt" content-width="auto" content-height="auto"
        > space-before.optimum="4pt" space-after.optimum="4pt">
        >

        > With the above, my images are not uniformly scaled.� They are
        > squeezed (the
        > aspect ratio is lost) if the width is > 600.
        >

        > What am I doing wrong here?
        >

        > _______________________________

        > addressee and may contain information that is privileged and
        > confidential.
        >
        > If the reader of the message is not the intended recipient or an
        > authorized
        > representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
        > that any
        > dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you
        > have
        > e-mail
        > and delete the message and any attachments from your system.

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        > <yhoo0504_testa_300250a052604.gif>
        > <l.gif>
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > �
        > �
        > Service.

        Christian Brugeron
        Expert PDF/PostScript - Automatisation de l'�dition - XML/XSLT/XSL-FO

      • Victor Vishnyakov
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 16, 2004
          > <fo:external-graphic overflow="scroll" scaling="uniform"
          > height="600pt" width="600pt" content-width="auto"
          > content-height="auto" space-before.optimum="4pt"
          > space-after.optimum="4pt">
          >
          > With the above, my images are not uniformly scaled. They are
          > squeezed (the aspect ratio is lost) if the width is > 600.

          By specifying both height and width you forces resizing to square. If you
          want to keep aspect ratio specify width or height only.

          For example:
          <fo:external-graphic overflow="scroll" scaling="uniform" width="600pt"
          content-width="auto" content-height="auto" space-before.optimum="4pt"
          space-after.optimum="4pt">

          Regards,
          Victor Vishnyakov

        • asomas
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 17, 2004
            Thanks for your response.

            However, the processor goes in infinite loop

            fop -xsl v101.xsl -xml 000249248.xml test.pdf

            [WARNING] table-layout=auto is not supported, using fixed!
            [WARNING] table-layout=auto is not supported, using fixed!
            [WARNING] table-layout=auto is not supported, using fixed!
            [INFO] [3]
            [INFO] [4]
            [WARNING] table-layout=auto is not supported, using fixed!
            [WARNING] table-layout=auto is not supported, using fixed!
            [INFO] [5]
            [WARNING] table-layout=auto is not supported, using fixed!
            [WARNING] table-layout=auto is not supported, using fixed!
            [INFO] [6]
            [INFO] [7]
            [INFO] [8]
            [INFO] [9]
            [INFO] [10]
            [INFO] [11]
            [INFO] [12]
            [INFO] [13]
            [INFO] [14]
            [INFO] [15]
            .
            .
            .
            .
            Never Stops. I have to kill with ^c

            [INFO] [111]
            Terminate batch job (Y/N)? y

            I can send the xml and xsl file. Looking forward to your answers