force line break and keep "Justify" Text-Alignment

  • Baiyun Gao
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 14, 2004
      I had a question about force line break because of reproduce some
      documents, and also need the all lines in the block(Paragraph)
      are "Justfiy" aligned.

      All comments are welcome.
      Thanks,

      Ben
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 15, 2004
        At 2004-06-15 01:26 +0000, Baiyun Gao wrote:
        >I had a question about force line break because of reproduce some
        >documents,

        If you are manually forcing the line break, use an empty <block/>.

        You say "reproduce" ... if you need to preserve the line breaks in some
        existing text, then use linefeed-treatment="preserve" on the block. If you
        are reproducing monospaced text with spaces, then you probably also want
        white-space-treatment="preserve" and white-space-collapse="false".

        >and also need the all lines in the block(Paragraph)
        >are "Justfiy" aligned.

        Using text-align="justify" on a block will justify all the lines except the
        last line (and a one-line block is the last line in the block). Use
        text-align-last="justify" to also justify the last line of the block.

        I hope this helps.

        ........................ Ken

        --
        Public training 3 days XSLT & 2 days XSL-FO: Phoenix,AZ 2004-08-23
      • Baiyun Gao
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 15, 2004
          Thanks for reply.

          I have a XML file, which defined a element
          <linebreak/> to force line break in document.

          I can implement <fo:block/> to force line break. Since
          every line will be a separated block. "Justify"
          alignment become difficulty.

          Ben

          --- "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@...>

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 15, 2004
            At 2004-06-15 05:18 -0700, Baiyun Gao wrote:
            >Thanks for reply.
            >
            >I have a XML file, which defined a element
            ><linebreak/> to force line break in document.
            >
            >I can implement <fo:block/> to force line break. Since
            >every line will be a separated block. "Justify"
            >alignment become difficulty.

            But have you yet tried text-align-last="justify" as I suggested in my last
            note?

            <block text-align-last="justify" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format">
            this is a test
            <block/>
            with a
            <block/>
            separation found inside.
            </block>

            You'll see that the introduced empty blocks make each of the lines the last
            line of their respective block areas, thus justifying all lines.

            I hope this helps, and next time please try the suggestions so they don't
            have to be repeated.

            ........................... Ken

            At 2004-06-15 08:43 +0100, I wrote:
            >Use text-align-last="justify" to also justify the last line of the block.

            --
            Public training 3 days XSLT & 2 days XSL-FO: Phoenix,AZ 2004-08-23
          • Prashant Gupta
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 15, 2004
              I have a table row in which the last column can have values like 'Accounting
              Approved', 'Manager Approved'.

              My problem is that the value 'Accounting Approved' doesn't come fully. Only
              say 'Accounting Appr' is displayed.

              I wanted it to appear as 'Accounting
              Approved '. ( The second word can come in
              next line.)

              Any suggestions are welcome.

              Thanks,
              Prashant

            • Baiyun Gao
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 15, 2004
                Thanks for your expertise and suggestion. Sorry about
                that. It works.

                Ben

                --- "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@...>