Re: [XSL-FO] renderx blank pages

  • Alexander Peshkov
    Message 1 of 3 , May 18, 2004
      Hello,

      The most probable reason of this problem is that you have every
      chapter in separate page-sequence with 'initial-page-number' property
      set on it. Normally, previous page-sequence will generate empty page so
      that to maintain correct parity order (odd-even-odd-...) of the
      document pages. This effect is caused by the default value of
      'force-page-count' property that is 'auto'. If you set
      force-page-count="no-force" on every page-sequence those
      auto-generated pages will gone.

      Another possible cause of 'unexpected' blank pages is use of empty
      blocks of this sort: <fo:block><fo:leader/></fo:block> to create
      '<br> effect'. If one of these blocks appears at the end of the flow
      it may became the only content of the page and thus generate 'blank'
      page.

      If non of those match your case I would like to see a sample of your
      code (here or off-list).

      Hope this helps.

      Best regards,
      Alexander Peshkov mailto:peshkov@...
      RenderX

      g> i've been using renderx for about 6months now to generate a rather
      g> large (400 page) document. no real problems up until today when blank
      g> pages started showing up in random places in the document. the
      g> document is comprised of chapters, and when they do occur (2 places in
      g> the entire document) its always at the end of a chapter, with the text
      g> almost completely filling the page before the blank page. its almost
      g> like the page before is full up so much that there is some blank text
      g> that is spilling over into the next page, which is causing it to
      g> create a blank page. i've looked at the raw fo, and can't see anything
      g> unusual.. i remember having this problem with apache FOP, which is one
      g> of the reasons i switched to renderx. Anyone have any suggestions? i
      g> did a search on this group but amazingly came up with nothing for
      g> 'blank page'..

      g> thanks

      g> G

      g> Yahoo! Groups Links
    • gjlloyd
      Message 2 of 3 , May 19, 2004
        awesome, thanks much!

        it was the <fo:block><fo:leader/></fo:block> problem :)