Center a Table

  • hammermaninmd
    Message 1 of 3 , May 13, 2004
      How can I center a table on a page? I have a basic table that takes
      up about 1/2 of the page - I can get it to stretch to 100% easy
      enought. but what I really want is for it to be centered on the
      page...do I have to wrap it in a <fo:block text-align="center">??

      thanks
    • J.Pietschmann
      Message 2 of 3 , May 13, 2004
        hammermaninmd wrote:

        > How can I center a table on a page? I have a basic table that takes
        > up about 1/2 of the page - I can get it to stretch to 100% easy
        > enought. but what I really want is for it to be centered on the
        > page...do I have to wrap it in a <fo:block text-align="center">??

        Wont work, text-align is for text alignment, while a table is a
        block level element. Try
        http://xml.apache.org/fop/fo.html#fo-center-table-horizon

        J.Pietschmann
        Message 3 of 3 , May 13, 2004
          At 2004-05-13 18:16 +0000, hammermaninmd wrote:
          >How can I center a table on a page? I have a basic table that takes
          >up about 1/2 of the page - I can get it to stretch to 100% easy
          >enought. but what I really want is for it to be centered on the
          >page...do I have to wrap it in a <fo:block text-align="center">??

          Close, but not in <block> ... put the <table> inside of <table-caption
          text-align="center"> and the table will be centred (works on both Antenna
          House and RenderX).

          I hope this helps.

          --
          Public courses: Spring 2004 world tour of hands-on XSL instruction
          Next: 3-day XSLT/XPath; 2-day XSL-FO - Birmingham, UK June 14,2004