2 hopefully quick question

  • hammermaninmd
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6, 2004
      I'm trying to do 2 simple things and I'm pulling my hair out trying
      to get it right..

      1. I have an image inside of a table cell and I want to right align
      it in the cell. But I don't see any attributes for align other than
      a vertical align? Here is my xslfo
      <fo:table-cell >
      <fo:block >
      <fo:external-graphic height="1.5in"" src="url(blah.jpg)" />
      </fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>

      2. I'm trying to append some spaces into a string but the spaces
      don't show properly.. eg.. I want.. Is there any fo item that will
      create an empty space?
      "Blah: Blah01"
      Comes out
      "Blah:Blah01"

      Thanks in advanc!
      Message 2 of 3 , May 6, 2004
        At 2004-05-06 14:49 +0000, hammermaninmd wrote:
        >I'm trying to do 2 simple things and I'm pulling my hair out trying
        >to get it right..
        >
        >1. I have an image inside of a table cell and I want to right align
        >it in the cell. But I don't see any attributes for align other than
        >a vertical align? Here is my xslfo
        ><fo:table-cell >
        ><fo:block >
        ><fo:external-graphic height="1.5in"" src="url(blah.jpg)" />
        ></fo:block>
        ></fo:table-cell>

        Alignment in the inline-progression direction is specified in the block
        which is the construct that makes lines ... use text-align="center" to
        align all things on the line.

        >2. I'm trying to append some spaces into a string but the spaces
        >don't show properly.. eg.. I want.. Is there any fo item that will
        >create an empty space?
        >"Blah: Blah01"
        >Comes out
        >"Blah:Blah01"

        Perhaps they are all disappearing because of your XSLT stylesheet because
        when they get collapsed by XSL-FO at least one will remain. If you want a
        measured space, use a leader.

        I hope this helps!

        ................. Ken

        --
        Public courses: Spring 2004 world tour of hands-on XSL instruction
        Each week: Monday-Wednesday: XSLT/XPath; Thursday-Friday: XSL-FO

        Hong Kong May 17-21; Bremen May 24-28; Birmingham June 14-18

      • Victor Vishnyakov
        Message 3 of 3 , May 6, 2004
          > 1. I have an image inside of a table cell and I want to right align
          > it in the cell. But I don't see any attributes for align other than
          > a vertical align? Here is my xslfo
          > <fo:table-cell >
          > <fo:block >
          > <fo:external-graphic height="1.5in"" src="url(blah.jpg)" />
          > </fo:block> </fo:table-cell>

          <fo:table-cell >
          <fo:block text-align="right"> <!-- text-align="right" is used here
          for right alignment --!>
          <fo:external-graphic height="1.5in"" src="url(blah.jpg)" />
          </fo:block>
          </fo:table-cell>

          > 2. I'm trying to append some spaces into a string but the spaces
          > don't show properly.. eg.. I want.. Is there any fo item that will
          > create an empty space?
          > "Blah: Blah01"
          > Comes out
          > "Blah:Blah01"

          Solutions:
          1. use 7.15.8 "white-space-treatment" with value "preserve"
          2. use fo:leader
          3. use fo:character

          Regards,
          Victor Vishnyakov