Re: [XSL-FO] Is there any way that i can set the width of the table column or cell

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 15, 2004
      At 2004-04-15 15:20 +0000, swapnareddygari wrote:
      > I want my table column or cell width chages automatically
      >according to the text that it contains.

      This is accommodated by using table-layout="auto" which is the default, but
      each XSL-FO engine can use their own algorithm for calculating how the
      automation is done.

      > Am displaying the fill in the blanks where my first column or cell
      >will be small for some rows and large for others.

      Then you cannot use a single table: as in HTML, a table in XSL-FO has the
      same column widths for the entire table and if auto-layout is being used
      these widths are calculated after the processor looks at the contents of
      the entire table.

      If you want to change the column widths on a per row basis, you can abut
      multiple tables, one row per table, next to each other to give the
      effect. As soon as you go to a table with multiple rows, the column
      widths, once calculated, are set for all rows of the table.

      > Hope this is an xsl-fo question as i have to write width in
      >f0:table-column

      When you write the width for the column, this is true for all rows in the
      table.

      >or table:cell

      You cannot control with cell's individual width .. the width of columns is
      a property calculated for the entire table.

      I hope this helps.

      --
      Public courses: Spring 2004 world tour of hands-on XSL instruction
      Each week: Monday-Wednesday: XSLT/XPath; Thursday-Friday: XSL-FO