Re: [XSL-FO] Specification discussion

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 9, 2004
      At 2004-04-09 18:24 +0300, Victor Vishnyakov wrote:
      >Are there standard ways to verify XSL-FO specification details? (ask for
      >explanations)

      Not that I know of ... there are too many variations available to
      implementers of the Recommendation that are all conformant yet different.

      >Is there a typical way to propose XSL-FO specification extension?

      Typically this is accomplished by giving the editors your requirements and
      letting them determine the changes required to address your requirements in
      conjunction with requirements they receive from other people.

      Often it isn't helpful for us on the outside of the committee to put a lot
      of time into a new feature *specification* but more helpful for us to put a
      lot of time into describing *unaddressed requirements* since the designers
      are aware of more requirements that might be impacted or addressed by
      addressing requirements we identify.

      >Where can I send remarks on the current specification?

      The address given to us in the specification is mailto:xsl-editors@...
      ... they need to know what real-world requirements there are in order to
      evolve the specification in a way to meet them.

      I hope this helps.

      --
      Public courses: Spring 2004 world tour of hands-on XSL instruction
      Each week: Monday-Wednesday: XSLT/XPath; Thursday-Friday: XSL-FO