Re: fo:page-number-citation and TOC

  • smckenzie23
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 9, 2004
      --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "smckenzie23" <smckenzie@b...> wrote:

      > I've tried both with no luck. I'll keep messing with it...

      Ah got it. The end tag for the leader was nested outside of the page
      ref so it was getting overwritten.
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 9, 2004
        At 2004-04-09 15:37 +0000, smckenzie23 wrote:
        >--- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, Dave Pawson <dpawson@n...> wrote:
        > > At 21:40 08/04/2004, smckenzie23 wrote:
        > >
        > > >I am having a tough time getting the page number references to work in
        > > >a table of contents. Within the contents I am formatting it like this:
        > > >
        > > ><fo:block start-indent="10pt"
        > > > text-align-last="justify">Modeling Applications
        > > > <fo:leader leader-pattern="dots"
        > > > leader-alignment="reference-area">
        > > > <fo:page-number-citation ref-id="IntroModel"/>
        > > > </fo:leader>
        > > ></fo:block>
        > >
        > > Try the page-number-citation in a fo:inline or fo:basic-link.
        >
        >I've tried both with no luck. I'll keep messing with it...

        Eliot addressed this in his post last night to you: your page number
        citation needs to be outside of <leader> ... the leader is a standalone
        construct ... any content *inside* the leader has to do with the leader
        itself. Your need appears to be to render the cited page number at the end
        of the line, so therefore it belongs outside of the leader and after it so
        that it shows up at the end of the line.

        --
        Public courses: Spring 2004 world tour of hands-on XSL instruction
        Each week: Monday-Wednesday: XSLT/XPath; Thursday-Friday: XSL-FO