  • ronald heller
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 30, 2001
      I've noticed that <fo:page-number /> does not give the same results when
      comparing
      fop 0.19 xep 221 and antennahouse

      with xep and antennahouse the pagenumber is used continous over the
      dfferent fo:page-sequences, whereas with fop the pagenumber starts at one
      again as soon as a new pagesequence is started.

      Is this "normal" behaviour, or is there something in my script that only is
      triggerd with fop?

      just curious

      Ronald
    • neuggs@concentric.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2001
        Hi Ron,

        With XEP 2.5, I don't believe this is the case, at least not when
        there's more than on page-sequence defined. The Spec seems to
        indicate that <fo:page-number> should follow a page-sequence as
        opposed to being spread across multiples:

        "The cited page-number string is obtained by converting the cited
        page-number in accordance with the number to string conversion
        properties specified on the ancestor fo:page-sequence of the
        referenced formatting object."

        Regards,
        Frank Neugebauer

        --- In XSL-FO@y..., ronald heller <ronald@s...> wrote:
        > I've noticed that <fo:page-number /> does not give the same results
        when
        > comparing
        > fop 0.19 xep 221 and antennahouse
        >
        > with xep and antennahouse the pagenumber is used continous over the
        > dfferent fo:page-sequences, whereas with fop the pagenumber starts
        at one
        > again as soon as a new pagesequence is started.
        >
        > Is this "normal" behaviour, or is there something in my script that
        only is
        > triggerd with fop?
        >
        > just curious
        >
        > Ronald
      • Bryan Rasmussen
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2001
          does anyone know if it's possible to generate thumbnails and bookmarks tabs
          on a pdf document from XSL-FO and if so which processors have the capability
          of doing so?
        • Frank Neugebauer
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 2, 2001
            Hi Bryan,

            FOP and XEP each contain extension mechanisms for bookmarks tabs.

            In the FOP distribution, check out the example pdfoutline.fo and http://xml.apache.org/fop/extensions.html for more info.

            In the XEP demo, you can check out spec.pdf for information and xml2e.fo, xpath.fo, and xslt.fo (in the examples directory) for examples.

            Regards,
            Frank