Re: [XSL-FO] Re: How render the xm-insertion_mark_start & end

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2004
      Yes, this is as I would expect and as I documented in my previous response.

      At 2004-04-05 14:39 +0000, ca_xiaoyi2003 wrote:
      >If you run in the way, it is OK.
      >xalan -xml .. -xsl .. -out test.fo
      >fop test.fo test.pdf
      > then the outcome is what I want.

      Because you are serializing the result tree text nodes into characters that
      are interpreted "downstream" as being markup.

      >but if I run rendition in this way, then it is problem
      > fop -xml -xsl -pdf test.pdf

      The processor cannot see any <fo:inline> elements because you do not have
      any <fo:inline> element nodes, you only have text nodes that *look* like
      they would be elements if the text were to be realized in an outboard file,
      which it isn't, so it won't, so you don't, so it can't.

      The above behaviour is entirely expected.

      I hope this helps.

      --
      Public courses: Spring 2004 world tour of hands-on XSL instruction
      Each week: Monday-Wednesday: XSLT/XPath; Thursday-Friday: XSL-FO