Re: [XSL-FO] Some questions about multi-column layouts

  • christian brugeron
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2004
      xsl formatter has an extension to do that.

      On the other hnd, you can place a svg graphic in the gutter block

      HTH

      CB

      Le 02 Apr 2004, à 12:22, aziegelmayer.trier@... a écrit :

      > Hi all!
      >
      > I've some questions about a multi-column layout and maybe I'll find
      > some answers here (by the way, I have quite less experience with the
      > current implementations of FO into renderes, but I'm quite familiar
      > with XML, XSLT, XPath...).
      > By now, I need to check the feasability of FO for a project, but in
      > these points, I wasn't yet able to find s.th. about in the FO-spec and
      > I do not know, which implementation/formatter might have an own
      > solution for that:
      >
      > - Column-gutter:
      > *Is there a possibility to display a column gutter (rule between the
      > columns)?
      > *If yes, could it be somehow masked from a <fo:block span="all">?
      > *The columns should be at the end balanced (with <fo:block
      > span="all"/>). Is there a way, that the column gutter (if possible)
      > will end at that point?

    • tokukobayashi2002
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2004
        Hello,

        --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, aziegelmayer.trier@t... wrote:
        > - Column-gutter:
        > *Is there a possibility to display a column gutter (rule between
        the columns)?
        > *If yes, could it be somehow masked from a <fo:block span="all">?
        > *The columns should be at the end balanced (with <fo:block
        span="all"/>). Is there a way, that the column gutter (if possible)
        will end at that point?

        Antenna House XSL Formatter has the following extensions
        axf:column-rule-align
        axf:column-rule-color
        axf:column-rule-length
        axf:column-rule-style
        axf:column-rule-width

        It works as your request.
        You may try it from here:
        http://www.antennahouse.com/

        > - Content continued messages:
        > * I'll have an index, where at the very beginning and after each
        column-break, there should be the word "page" displayed at column top
        (so that the reader knows, the number displayed in the index is a
        page-numer :-). Is s.th. like that possible or do I need to put
        everything into a table, putting "page" into the repeatable table-
        header?

        I can not fully understand your request, would you please
        describe a detailed spec ?

        Best regards,

        Tokushige Kobayashi
        Antenna House, Inc.