Re: XML WYSIWYG Editor

  • xslfast_stefan
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2004
      Hello Alex,

      we have an graphical XSL:FO Editor named XSLfast (www.xslfast.com)
      where you can design templates, which you can use later in your FOP-
      Process.
      The actual FOP-Rendering engine is integrated in XSLfast.

      Try the demo version - perhabs it will help you!

      Best regards
      Stefan

      --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, Alexander Lohse <al@w...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I have a hard time searching for a simple affordable Text-Editor,
      > preferably Java/Swing.
      > What I am looking for is a solution to offer basic Text-Editing
      > Features like: Bold/Italic/Alignment/FontSize/TabsStops
      > The resulting documents (mainly business letters) should then be
      send
      > Apache-FOP. A font-family option would by nice, but not necessary
      as I
      > can handle this in my FO.
      >
      > I currently experiment with XHTML and Java's build in Editor, but
      I'm
      > stroggleing with <table>'s.
      > ("Real" TabStops and a Ruler would be nicer anyway.)
      >
      > It is hard to believe that I am unable to find any OpenSource Kit
      > meeting such a basic need ... ?
      > Can anyone point me to a source where might find either
      integratable
      > Components (commercial or OS), or point me to a possible trail how
      > go?
      >
      > Thank you very much in advance,
      >
      > Alex
      > (al@w...)
    • g mills
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2004
        I am using XML spy Enterprise Edition from Atova.
        It's a good product, I believe they have a personal version which is free.

        >From: Alexander Lohse <al@...>
        >To: XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [XSL-FO] XML WYSIWYG Editor
        >Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 10:09:34 +0200
        >
        >Hi,
        >
        >I have a hard time searching for a simple affordable Text-Editor,
        >preferably Java/Swing.
        >What I am looking for is a solution to offer basic Text-Editing
        >Features like: Bold/Italic/Alignment/FontSize/TabsStops
        >The resulting documents (mainly business letters) should then be send
        >Apache-FOP. A font-family option would by nice, but not necessary as I
        >can handle this in my FO.
        >
        >I currently experiment with XHTML and Java's build in Editor, but I'm
        >stroggleing with <table>'s.
        >("Real" TabStops and a Ruler would be nicer anyway.)
        >
        >It is hard to believe that I am unable to find any OpenSource Kit
        >meeting such a basic need ... ?
        >Can anyone point me to a source where might find either integratable
        >Components (commercial or OS), or point me to a possible trail how to
        >go?
        >
        >Thank you very much in advance,
        >
        >Alex
        >(al@...)

        MSN Premium with Virus Guard and Firewall* from McAfee´┐Ż Security : 2 months
        FREE*