XML WYSIWYG Editor

  • Alexander Lohse
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2004

      I have a hard time searching for a simple affordable Text-Editor,
      preferably Java/Swing.
      What I am looking for is a solution to offer basic Text-Editing
      Features like: Bold/Italic/Alignment/FontSize/TabsStops
      The resulting documents (mainly business letters) should then be send
      Apache-FOP. A font-family option would by nice, but not necessary as I
      can handle this in my FO.

      I currently experiment with XHTML and Java's build in Editor, but I'm
      stroggleing with <table>'s.
      ("Real" TabStops and a Ruler would be nicer anyway.)

      It is hard to believe that I am unable to find any OpenSource Kit
      meeting such a basic need ... ?
      Can anyone point me to a source where might find either integratable
      Components (commercial or OS), or point me to a possible trail how to
      go?

      Thank you very much in advance,

      Alex
      (al@...)
    • xslfast_stefan
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2004
        Hello Alex,

        we have an graphical XSL:FO Editor named XSLfast (www.xslfast.com)
        where you can design templates, which you can use later in your FOP-
        Process.
        The actual FOP-Rendering engine is integrated in XSLfast.

        Try the demo version - perhabs it will help you!

        Best regards
        Stefan

        --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, Alexander Lohse <al@w...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I have a hard time searching for a simple affordable Text-Editor,
        > preferably Java/Swing.
        > What I am looking for is a solution to offer basic Text-Editing
        > Features like: Bold/Italic/Alignment/FontSize/TabsStops
        > The resulting documents (mainly business letters) should then be
        send
        > Apache-FOP. A font-family option would by nice, but not necessary
        as I
        > can handle this in my FO.
        >
        > I currently experiment with XHTML and Java's build in Editor, but
        I'm
        > stroggleing with <table>'s.
        > ("Real" TabStops and a Ruler would be nicer anyway.)
        >
        > It is hard to believe that I am unable to find any OpenSource Kit
        > meeting such a basic need ... ?
        > Can anyone point me to a source where might find either
        integratable
        > Components (commercial or OS), or point me to a possible trail how
        > go?
        >
        > Thank you very much in advance,
        >
        > Alex
        > (al@w...)
      • g mills
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2004
          I am using XML spy Enterprise Edition from Atova.
          It's a good product, I believe they have a personal version which is free.

          >From: Alexander Lohse <al@...>
          >To: XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [XSL-FO] XML WYSIWYG Editor
          >Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 10:09:34 +0200
          >
          >Hi,
          >
          >I have a hard time searching for a simple affordable Text-Editor,
          >preferably Java/Swing.
          >What I am looking for is a solution to offer basic Text-Editing
          >Features like: Bold/Italic/Alignment/FontSize/TabsStops
          >The resulting documents (mainly business letters) should then be send
          >Apache-FOP. A font-family option would by nice, but not necessary as I
          >can handle this in my FO.
          >
          >I currently experiment with XHTML and Java's build in Editor, but I'm
          >stroggleing with <table>'s.
          >("Real" TabStops and a Ruler would be nicer anyway.)
          >
          >It is hard to believe that I am unable to find any OpenSource Kit
          >meeting such a basic need ... ?
          >Can anyone point me to a source where might find either integratable
          >Components (commercial or OS), or point me to a possible trail how to
          >go?
          >
          >Thank you very much in advance,
          >
          >Alex
          >(al@...)

          MSN Premium with Virus Guard and Firewall* from McAfee´┐Ż Security : 2 months
          FREE*