Sorting Problems with different languages

  • xslfast_stefan
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2004
      I have the following problem.

      I used the saxon processor for building fo-files because I used saxon
      extensions (variables) in XSL:FO. After generating the fo-file I used
      FOP 0.20.4 for generating the PDF-File.
      The sorting of polish texts is wrong, because it seems that the saxon
      processor didn't support the sort parameter lang="pl".

      Generating example:

      saxon -o test.fo test.xml test.xsl
      fop -c fopconfig.xml -fo test.fo -pdf test.pdf

      If I used the FOP directly all works fine and the sorting is correct:

      Example:
      fop -c fopconfig.xml -xml test.xml -xsl test.xsl -pdf test.pdf

      But I need the 2-step generation with saxon call, because I used the
      saxon extension.

      My saxon version is 6_5_3.

      Can anybody help me?
    • Dave Pawson
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2004
        At 07:16 02/04/2004, you wrote:

        >I used the saxon processor for building fo-files because I used saxon
        >extensions (variables) in XSL:FO. After generating the fo-file I used
        >FOP 0.20.4 for generating the PDF-File.
        >The sorting of polish texts is wrong, because it seems that the saxon
        >processor didn't support the sort parameter lang="pl".

        http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/N6461.html#d7476e1394

        May help. This uses a java extension to sort it the way you want.

        HTH DaveP