[XSL-FO] superscript in transformation to PDF

  • Susan
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 27, 2004
      J.Pietschmann wrote:
      > Like
      > <xsl:template match="note[@type='h']">
      > <xsl:text>​</xsl:text> <!-- insert zero width space -->
      > <fo:inline ref-id="generate-id()" vertical-align="super"
      > </xsl:template>
      > I don't know whether this really helps.

      Thanks for explaining (like I said, extreme newbie here). Sorry to say,
      it didn't help.
      But I experimented with a longer section of the document, and here's
      what is happening. Say the last word on a line is a short word such as Law.
      If no footnote reference follows Law, then Law is just short enough that it
      remains the last word on that line of text. However, if a footnote
      reference is inserted, then Law24 would exceed the margin setting, so it is
      forced to the next line. When that happens, the footnote reference is not
      superscript but sits level on the line with the text--as it appears in this
      email. That's the only time I get an error. If the first word on a line is
      something like "explanations25", where the word "explanations" would be too
      long to fit on the previous line even without the reference number, then the
      footnote reference is superscript as it should be.
      (I should also note that when I tried using
      <xsl:text>​</xsl:text>, the result was that the word Law was left on
      the previous line, and the footnote reference appeared on the next line, not
      superscript.)
      So does this appear to be a bug? And regardless, is there anything I
      can do about it?
      Thank you so much for your help.
      Susan