Re: [XSL-FO] A good XSL-FO Reference

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 17, 2004
      At 2004-03-17 14:17 +0000, hammermaninmd wrote:
      >Whats is a good XSL-FO reference book?

      We have self-published an electronic publication on XSL-FO with a free
      downloadable excerpt so you can check out the contents before buying, and a
      perpetual free update policy that allows you no-charge access to all future
      editions of the book as it changes after you buy a copy.

      More details are below.

      I hope this helps.

      ............................. Ken

      The latest edition of our XSL-FO book:

      Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
      (Extensible Stylesheet Language Formatting Objects)
      Fifth Edition - 2004-02-12 - ISBN 1-894049-13-6
      Copyright (c) 2004 Crane Softwrights Ltd.
      / 477 Pages / Subscription price includes no-charge updates, /
      / / soft-copy of included examples, and an /
      / / accessible rendition and 10 PDF renditions. /
      / / No-charge 247-page download preview excerpt. /
      / No-charge prepaid copy for every U.S. Government employee. /

      Visitors to our web site can download a no-charge preview excerpt that
      contains the first and last modules in their entirety, plus an overview of
      each of the other modules. We are hoping this will both illustrate for
      them the depth and style of the material as well as give them useful
      information even if they choose not to buy the book itself. The book is
      only delivered in PDF format, but 10 different renditions are available to
      choose from (5 in A4 and 5 in US-letter). A soft-copy of all program
      code examples used in the book is included in the purchase. An accessible
      rendition is also included that is
      friendly for screen readers by using a monospaced font.

      Most of our customers use it electronically, though some have actually
      bound a copy at a place like Kinko's.

      Customers of any edition receive no-charge access to all future editions at
      no additional charge. This book was released in December 2001 shortly
      after the Recommendation was made final and customers back then have since
      received access to each edition. Work on the book continues as we get
      feedback, requests for clarifications, fix typos, etc. Also, the
      specifications themselves are changing thus requiring the material to be
      updated.

      As mentioned by Victor, there is a paper book ... Prentice Hall has
      published a paper rendition of the Third Edition:

      Definitive XSL-FO
      First Edition - 2003-03-21 - ISBN 0-13-140374-5
      Copyright (c) 2003 Crane Softwrights Ltd.
      Prentice Hall PTR - 454 pages
      (a print-only rendition of the Third Edition of
      Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO; this does not
      qualify for no-charge electronic updates)
      http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/dxf-info.htm
      Sample: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/dxf-sample.htm

      We have also published an electronic edition of an XSLT book:

      Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
      (XSL Transformations and the XML Path Language)
      Eleventh Edition - 2004-02-03 - ISBN 1-894049-12-8
      Copyright (c) 2004 Crane Softwrights Ltd.
      / 407 Pages / Subscription price includes no-charge updates, /
      / / soft-copy of included examples, and an /
      / / accessible rendition and 10 PDF renditions. /
      / / No-charge 148-page download preview excerpt. /
      / No-charge prepaid copy for every U.S. Government employee. /

      And Prentice Hall has published a paper rendition of the Ninth Edition:

      Definitive XSLT and XPath
      First Edition - 2001-12-10 - ISBN 0-13-065196-6
      Copyright (c) 2002 Crane Softwrights Ltd.
      Prentice Hall PTR - 393 pages
      (a print-only rendition of the Ninth Edition of
      http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/dxx-info.htm
      Sample: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/dxx-sample.htm

      --
      US XSL training: San Francisco,CA March 22
      World-wide on-site corporate, government & user group XML training