Re: EXSLFO Activity

  • tokukobayashi2002
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 16, 2004
      --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, Eliot Kimber <ekimber@i...> wrote:
      > So far I haven't seen FO implementors jumping up to suggest
      standards
      > for many of these requirements (or even providing proprietary ways
      > satisfy them) so I could be convinced that in fact these are not
      useful
      > things to standardize or to expect implementors to standardize.
      >
      > So what do other vendors think? Is David's analysis correct?

      This is fairly late response, but I feel it is important to
      suggest my thoughts.

      There are some kinds of PDF relates standards so far, such as
      PDF/X, PDF/is, PDF/a (Archive). Another standards will be
      acceptable.

      For example, we are working for a special customer to design
      spec for the devision and link-generation of PDF. If there are
      any standards, the design job will not be necessary and
      the implimentation will be useful for many customers but not
      for only customer.

      Mr. Tolphin seems to confuse about spec and implementation.
      Although spec and implemantation are deeply related, but
      they are still independent.

      Best regards,

      Tokushige Kobayashi
      Antenna House, Inc.