Re: [XSL-FO] caption of a table with 0.20.1

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 16, 2004
      Victor Vishnyakov wrote:

      > > i want to create a table with table-header and table-body. Above this
      > > table i need a caption that will only print once. After a page break
      > > this caption must not be printed again. The table isn´t placed only
      > > on the top of a page, so that a separate page-sequence doesn´t work.
      > > When the table-header occures first it must keep together with the
      > > caption above(no page break beetween is allowed). The length of the
      > > text before the caption is variable.
      > > The documentation says, that table-and-caption and table-caption are
      > > not implemented in FOP-0.20.1.
      > > Has anybody an idee how to realize this descibed structure despite
      > > the limitations?
      >

      > Add a single column table with two rows. Put caption into the first row
      > and the rest of the table into the second row.

      yes thats right, but you need to specify keep-with-next="always" on the
      first row of the outer table, that contains the caption.

      The reason for needing an outer table, is that keep-* properties are
      only implemented on table-rows in FOP 0.20.5. However, I'm not sure if
      they are implemented in 0.20.1. I recommend that you upgrade as this is
      more than 2 years old.