marker as a variable?

  • Jason
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 15 2:20 PM
      In my xsl I have a few markers I need, in order to have a rolling
      footer. The markers are all working fine, except for one. One of the
      markers is holding text that is a path to an image file, which I need
      to load using the fo:external-graphic element. That element looks like
      this...

      <fo:external-graphic width="1.667in" height="0.583in"
      content-type="content-type:image/jpeg"
      scaling="uniform" src="{$sigImage}"/>

      My problem is that I don't know how to get what is in the marker into
      the $sigImage variable.
    • Victor Vishnyakov
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 16 3:27 AM
        <fo:static-content ...>
        <fo:retrieve-marker ... retrieve-class-name="theImage" ... />
        </fo:static-content>

        <fo:flow ... >
        <fo:marker marker-class-name="theImage" ... >
        <fo:external-graphic
        width="1.667in"
        height="0.583in"
        content-type="content-type:image/jpeg"
        scaling="uniform" src="{$sigImage}"/>
        </fo:marker>
        </fo:flow>

        Regards,
        Victor Vishnyakov

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 16 3:50 AM
          Jason wrote:

          > In my xsl I have a few markers I need, in order to have a rolling
          > footer. The markers are all working fine, except for one. One of the
          > markers is holding text that is a path to an image file, which I need
          > to load using the fo:external-graphic element. That element looks like
          > this...
          >
          > <fo:external-graphic width="1.667in" height="0.583in"
          > content-type="content-type:image/jpeg"
          > scaling="uniform" src="{$sigImage}"/>
          >
          > My problem is that I don't know how to get what is in the marker into
          > the $sigImage variable.

          You are making the typical newbie mistake. XSL-FO and XSLT happen in
          completely separate processes and there is no interaction between the
          processes. Therefore the {$sigImage} variable which is processed as part
          of the XSLT will never know about markers, which are part of XSL-FO.

          Chris
        • Jason
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 16 6:57 AM
            Thanks for the help.

            And yeah, I'm far from an XSLT/XSL-FO expert.