new to xsl-fo(need help in deciding the formatter to use)

  • swapna reddygari
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 11, 2004
      Hello,
      We are planning to develop a project were we need to generate a pdf file from an xml and xsl files.
      we need to have an option of Converting an xml file to pdf file and also an xml stream to pdf stream using .net.
      Can you guys suggest me which formatter will be best suitable for my project.

      Thanks you,
      Swapna

    • christian brugeron
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 11, 2004
        main choices are:
        renderx
        xsl formatter
        FOP

        most complete is xsl formater, but not free
        hth

        cb

        Le 11 Mar 2004, � 22:43, swapna reddygari a �crit :

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 12, 2004
          swapna reddygari wrote:

          > Hello,
          > We are planning to develop a project were we need to generate a pdf
          > file from an xml and xsl files.
          > we need to have an option of Converting an xml file to pdf file and
          > also an xml stream to pdf stream using .net.
          > Can you guys suggest me which formatter will be best suitable for my
          > project.

          When you say you need the XSL-FO Formatter in .Net, would it not be
          acceptable to have a server running a Java XSL-FO Formatter, with your
          Client still written in .Net? The server could be implemented as a
          servlet or in raw Java with web service interface.

          If you really must have the XSL-FO Formatter in .Net then FOP will not
          be any good to you. Antenna House's Formatter is written in C, so you
          can call that directly from .Net, and RenderX have a beta version of
          their formatter written in J#.Net

          Chris
        • swapnareddygari
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 12, 2004
            Hello Chris,
            Thanks for the information and quick reply. Do you have any idea
            about
            "ibex XSL-FO" in .net?

            Thanks,
            Swapna

            -- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, Chris Bowditch <bowditch_chris@h...>

            wrote:
            > swapna reddygari wrote:
            >
            > > Hello,
            > > We are planning to develop a project were we need to generate
            a pdf
            > > file from an xml and xsl files.
            > > we need to have an option of Converting an xml file to pdf
            file and
            > > also an xml stream to pdf stream using .net.
            > > Can you guys suggest me which formatter will be best suitable
            for my
            > > project.
            >
            > When you say you need the XSL-FO Formatter in .Net, would it not be
            > acceptable to have a server running a Java XSL-FO Formatter, with
            your
            > Client still written in .Net? The server could be implemented as a
            > servlet or in raw Java with web service interface.
            >
            > If you really must have the XSL-FO Formatter in .Net then FOP will
            not
            > be any good to you. Antenna House's Formatter is written in C, so
            you
            > can call that directly from .Net, and RenderX have a beta version
            of
            > their formatter written in J#.Net
            >
            > Chris
          • swapna reddygari
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 12, 2004
              Chris,
              Thanks for the mail. DO you have any idea about "ibex xsl-fo"? They are providing in .net.

              Thanks,
              Swapna