how to detect the begining of a page

  • mourabena
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 11, 2004
      i'm using xsl-fo to generate lists of information and i want to know
      if there is a variable taht return if we are in the beginig of a
      page to use it with a test to show (if it's the begining) a title in
      every page automaticly.
    • Victor Vishnyakov
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 11, 2004
        > i'm using xsl-fo to generate lists of information and i want to know
        > if there is a variable taht return if we are in the beginig of a
        > page to use it with a test to show (if it's the begining) a title in
        > every page automaticly.

        There no variables in XSL-FO!!!

        Your issue may be solved using "fo:marker", "fo:retrieve-marker" and
        "fo:static-content"

        Regards,
        Victor Vishnyakov

      • Dave Pawson
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 11, 2004
          At 16:29 11/03/2004, Victor Vishnyakov wrote:
          > > i'm using xsl-fo to generate lists of information and i want to know
          > > if there is a variable taht return if we are in the beginig of a
          > > page to use it with a test to show (if it's the begining) a title in
          > > every page automaticly.
          >
          >There no variables in XSL-FO!!!

          yet... I hope is the caution there.

          Oh how I wish I could say

          if (new page)
          inject this content
          else
          do something else :-)

          regards DaveP
        • David Tolpin
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 11, 2004

            > >There no variables in XSL-FO!!!
            >
            > yet... I hope is the caution there.
            >
            > Oh how I wish I could say
            >
            > if (new page)
            > inject this content
            > else
            > do something else :-)

            Yes, I too think that block or line break is an event that should
            have its handler. table-header is one case when it is implemented,
            but tables are not in any way particular in this respect. Any
            element that generates areas which can break over lines or columns,
            or pages should have a way to inject extra content at the break.

            David