Re: [XSL-FO] How to change the page from portrait to landscape when encountering table?

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 11 5:54 AM
      At 2004-03-11 13:42 +0000, ca_xiaoyi2003 wrote:
      > Now I encounter a challenging problem in XSL-FO.
      > when one attribute in the table element is 'land', the table need to
      >be procedded in landscape format in the current position. So far, I
      >am frustrated in finding a solution.

      Google for "table landscape xsl-fo" and you'll see the first link is a post
      I made to the XEP list in this regard:

      http://xep.xattic.com/lists/xep-support/1657.html

      Your situation is the exemplar in our documentation for the PSMI formatting
      semantic that is supported by an XSLT 1.0 stylesheet available free from
      our web site. It is in the "Free resources" area linked from the
      marginalia on our home page noted below.

      Your requirement isn't met by "off-the-shelf" XSL-FO, but I found a generic
      solution for it when I was presented with the situation by a customer, and
      this generic solution Page Sequence Master Interleave (PSMI) is made
      available for all.

      I hope this helps.

      ....................... Ken

      --
      US XSL training: Washington,DC March 15; San Francisco,CA March 22
      World-wide on-site corporate, government & user group XML training
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 11 6:20 AM
        Thank you very much for your reply.
        I did this ever.(I am not sure what I did is the same as your
        suggesiton.)
        puting it the separate page-sequence. all of these tables will
        located at the end of PDF. the user insist that these tables should
        in the original position without any moving.
        thanks lot.

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 11 6:24 AM
          Thank you for your reply.
          Actually, I paid attention to PSMI. I studied it for some time.

          Jacky

          --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@c...> wrote:
          > At 2004-03-11 13:42 +0000, ca_xiaoyi2003 wrote:
          > > Now I encounter a challenging problem in XSL-FO.
          > > when one attribute in the table element is 'land', the table
          need to
          > >be procedded in landscape format in the current position. So far,
          > >am frustrated in finding a solution.
          >
          > Google for "table landscape xsl-fo" and you'll see the first link
          is a post
          > I made to the XEP list in this regard:
          >
          > http://xep.xattic.com/lists/xep-support/1657.html
          >
          > Your situation is the exemplar in our documentation for the PSMI
          formatting
          > semantic that is supported by an XSLT 1.0 stylesheet available free
          from
          > our web site. It is in the "Free resources" area linked from the
          > marginalia on our home page noted below.
          >
          > Your requirement isn't met by "off-the-shelf" XSL-FO, but I found a
          generic
          > solution for it when I was presented with the situation by a
          customer, and
          > this generic solution Page Sequence Master Interleave (PSMI) is
          made
          > available for all.
          >
          > I hope this helps.
          >
          > ....................... Ken
          >
          > --
          > US XSL training: Washington,DC March 15; San Francisco,CA March 22
          > World-wide on-site corporate, government & user group XML training
          > G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@C...
          > Male Breast Cancer Awareness http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/bc
        • Victor Vishnyakov
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 11 6:35 AM
            > Thank you very much for your reply.
            > I did this ever.(I am not sure what I did is the same as your
            > suggesiton.)
            > puting it the separate page-sequence. all of these tables will
            > located at the end of PDF. the user insist that these tables should
            > in the original position without any moving.
            > thanks lot.

            Split your page-sequence within landscape table into three
            page-sequences: content before table in portrait layout; table itself in
            landscape; content after table in portrait; during the transformation.
            It does no matter to the user whether his page is printed within three
            or one page-sequences or not if it is layouted as required.

            As far as I understand this is one of tasks Mr.Holman's PSMI does.

            Regards,
            Victor Vishnyakov

            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 11 7:21 AM
              At 2004-03-11 16:35 +0200, Victor Vishnyakov wrote:
              >Split your page-sequence within landscape table into three
              >page-sequences: content before table in portrait layout; table itself in
              >landscape; content after table in portrait; during the transformation.
              >It does no matter to the user whether his page is printed within three
              >or one page-sequences or not if it is layouted as required.
              >
              >As far as I understand this is one of tasks Mr.Holman's PSMI does.

              Indeed the PSMI does do this, but generically. That makes the
              transformation task much easier, as the only restriction is that the
              landscaped table be at the top of the flow (otherwise, how would one break
              a nested block-level construct?).

              When using PSMI the user's stylesheet can detect the need for a landscaped
              table, inject a PSMI arbitrarily at the top of the flow, then continue on
              with the flow. The second stage stylesheet does the break-up of the page
              sequence into three page sequences.

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 11 8:55 AM
                (sorry for the bandwidth usage, folks, but this isn't working off-list)

                Jacky, I've responded to your off-list follow-up to this post, but my mail
                to you was rejected by your mailbox ... could you please contact me again
                off-list with a different email address?

                BTW, PSMI is a free download off our web site in the "Free resources"
                section linked from the marginalia at the right side of our home page.

                Thanks!