Re: [XSL-FO] Re: Is it possible to look inside fo:external-graphics (svgz) using XSL-FO?

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 10, 2004
      At 2004-03-10 15:27 +0000, odekij61 wrote:
      >Does this work even if all the SVGZ graphics are external separate
      >files?

      Sure ... you are pointing to the file and an SVG file is an XML file so
      your XSLT processor will be able to open it.

      >Have any sample code?

      <xsl:when test="namespace-uri(document(uri-here)/*)='Adobe-URI-here'">
      <!--do whatever you need for Adobe-->

      What more of a sample do you need? All I'm doing here is opening up the
      URI of the file using XSLT and checking the namespace URI of the document
      element for being a particular string.

      I hope this helps.

      ....................... Ken

      --
      US XSL training: Washington,DC March 15; San Francisco,CA March 22
      World-wide on-site corporate, government & user group XML training
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 11, 2004
        Hello,

        I am trying to look for something in the SVG code to see if it was
        created by Illustrator. (as opposed to Corel Designer)
        The namespace-uri document functions appear to keep returning the
        default SVG namespace, no matter what I put, although it might be
        returning all namespaces, but I can't tell from the error message
        that's cut off. I want to look at the svg for
        xmlns:a="http://ns.adobe.com/AdobeSVGViewerExtensions/3.0/".

        I think the code should be something like
        <xsl:if
        test="namespace-uri(document(@source)/svg/*)='http://ns.adobe.com/AdobeSVGViewerExtensions/3.0/'">

        Here's the beginning of an SVG file for reference:
        <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
        <!-- Generator: Adobe Illustrator 10.0, SVG Export Plug-In . SVG
        Version: 3.0.0 Build 77) -->
        <!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 1.0//EN"
        "http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-SVG-20010904/DTD/svg10.dtd" [
        <!ENTITY ns_flows "http://ns.adobe.com/Flows/1.0/">
        <!ENTITY ns_svg "http://www.w3.org/2000/svg">
        <!ENTITY ns_xlink "http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink">
        <!ENTITY st0 "enable-background:new ;">
        <!ENTITY st1 "font-family:'Arial-BoldMT';">
        <!ENTITY st2 "fill:#FFFFFF;stroke:#000000;">
        <!ENTITY st3 "font-size:12;">
        ]>
        <svg xmlns="&ns_svg;" xmlns:xlink="&ns_xlink;"
        xmlns:a="http://ns.adobe.com/AdobeSVGViewerExtensions/3.0/"
        width="217" height="243.795" viewBox="0 0 217 243.795"
        style="overflow:visible;enable-background:new 0 0 217 243.795"
        xml:space="preserve">

        Right now I get an error in Antennahouse XSL Formatter. "Error while
        parsing 'file::///c:/abc.svg'. A connection with the server could not
        be established. Error processing resource
        'http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-SVG-20010904..."

        It also appears this will not work at all if I try with an .SVGZ, or
        zipped SVG because it says invalid character.

        Any help is greatly appreciated!

        Thanks,
        Jeremy Odekirk