table of contents in pdf

  • ramamuralidhar
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27, 2004
      I am using FOP to convert xsl-fo to pdf. In the application I am
      developing, I need to print an order form with the table of contents
      as the first page. How do I give links/page numbers in this table
      which references to the actual page -- since the pdf generation is
      dynamic and is dependent on the customer order.
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 27, 2004
        At 2004-02-27 15:43 +0000, ramamuralidhar wrote:
        >I am using FOP to convert xsl-fo to pdf. In the application I am
        >developing, I need to print an order form with the table of contents
        >as the first page.

        A common requirement satisfied by ...

        >How do I give links

        <fo:basic-link>

        >/page numbers

        <fo:page-number-citation>

        >in this table

        using XSLT to read your assembled XML and transformed into XSL-FO ...

        >which references to the actual page

        resolved by the XSL-FO processor when the pages are formatted ...

        >-- since the pdf generation is dynamic and is dependent on the customer order.

        to give a resulting customized paginated hyperlinked document.

        I hope this helps.

        --
        US XSL training: Washington,DC March 15; San Francisco,CA March 22
        World-wide on-site corporate, government & user group XML training