Center page

  • Lionel Mayaud
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 12, 2004
      Hi !

      I'm new to XSL-FO, and I would like to center the whole content of my page,
      and can't find weather it is possible or not with FOP.

      Here is the beginning of my xsl file:

      <fo:page-sequence master-reference="simpleA4">
      <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
      <fo:table border-before-width="thin" border-after-width="thin"
      border-start-width="thin" border-end-width="thin"
      border-before-style="solid" border-after-style="solid"
      border-start-style="solid" border-end-style="solid" table-layout="fixed"
      width="100%" background-image="images/logo/logoBackground.gif"
      background-repeat="no-repeat" background-position-horizontal="center"
      background-position-vertical="center">

      I just add rows inside this table.
      Everything works fine, but I would like the table to be displayed in the
      middle of the page (vertical align) when there are not enough rows to fill
      the page.

      thanks a lot...
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 12, 2004
        At 2004-02-12 19:04 +0100, Lionel Mayaud wrote:
        >I'm new to XSL-FO, and I would like to center the whole content of my page,
        >and can't find weather it is possible or not with FOP.

        The XSL-FO for this is display-align="center" and you can place this on
        your body region and every page's content is centred in the region.

        Looking at http://xml.apache.org/fop/compliance.html will always help to
        understand what is or is not available.

        I hope this helps.

        .................. Ken

        --
        Public courses: upcoming world tour of hands-on XSL training events
        Each week: Monday-Wednesday: XSLT/XPath; Thursday-Friday: XSL-FO

      • J.Pietschmann
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 12, 2004
          Lionel Mayaud wrote:
          > Everything works fine, but I would like the table to be displayed in the
          > middle of the page (vertical align) when there are not enough rows to fill
          > the page.

          That's difficult and not available in general in FOP. If you can
          estimate whether the table fits a page, check
          http://xml.apache.org/fop/fo.html#fo-center-vertical
          for hints.

          J.Pietschmann