starting page-number

  • hilz
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 11 12:13 PM
      Hi all:
      Is there a way to make the <fo:page-number> start from a value
      different than 1 ?

      thanks
      hilz
    • J.Pietschmann
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 11 4:42 PM
        hilz wrote:
        > Is there a way to make the <fo:page-number> start from a value
        > different than 1 ?

        Yes. See
        http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice7.html#initial-page-number

        J.Pietschmann
      • hilz
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 11 6:10 PM
          --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@y...> wrote:
          > hilz wrote:
          > > Is there a way to make the <fo:page-number> start from a value
          > > different than 1 ?
          >
          > Yes. See
          > http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice7.html#initial-page-number
          >
          > J.Pietschmann

          Thank you J.

          That worked great with a hardcoded value, but when i pass a variable,
          it gives the following error:
          javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
          org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException:
          The value '$initialPageNumber' is not valid for initial-page-number

          Any thoughts?
          thanks
          hilz
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 12 12:55 AM
            hilz wrote:

            <snip/>

            > That worked great with a hardcoded value, but when i pass a variable,
            > it gives the following error:
            > javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
            > org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException:
            > The value '$initialPageNumber' is not valid for initial-page-number

            Are you passing XSL and XML files to generate a PDF or just submitting
            raw XSL-FO? If you are using XSLT to generate your FO then I suspect you
            have done something like:

            <fo:page-sequence initial-page-number="$initialPageNumber">

            but this wont work and should be written as:

            <fo:page-sequence initial-page-number="{$initialPageNumber}">

            If this is not the case then can you post a small snippet of your XSL,
            or provide a little more information on your scenario.

            Chris
          • hilz
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 12 7:09 AM
              > but this wont work and should be written as:
              >
              > <fo:page-sequence initial-page-number="{$initialPageNumber}">

              Thanks Chris
              That was it!
              Thanks a lot.