RE: [XSL-FO] xsl and fo!!

  • LEvensen@iKnowMed.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 17, 2001
      Once you've created the stylesheet (using XSL-FO -XPath statements to select
      the data from your .xml file, etc, FO to format into tables, etc.) you can
      apply the stylesheet to the .xml input file, using SAX transform; at the
      endDocument event you can use FOP.jar classes Renderer, build an AreaTree
      and render the document to the output destination (OutputStream or
      whatever).
      You can use FOP example code at first, and its best to set up a transform
      program before you start trying to build a stylesheet, unless you have a
      very simple stylesheet, and even then, you need a way to see the result.
      I think you can look at the FOP source and examples to see; there are
      example programs to produce .pdf sample output in FOP.
      You need the FOP.jar, sax2.jar, w3c.jar, and possibly xalan.jar or xt.jar
      in your project.