xsl and fo!!

  • bdomeon@ifrance.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 17, 2001
      hi!!
      I would like to create a fo file to build a pdf file,
      with xml datas (I have to insert these by
      xsl:template, xsl:for-each, xsl:value-of)
      What do I do to realize this example?

      Thanks you.

      BENOIT DOMEON

    • LEvensen@iKnowMed.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 17, 2001
        Once you've created the stylesheet (using XSL-FO -XPath statements to select
        the data from your .xml file, etc, FO to format into tables, etc.) you can
        apply the stylesheet to the .xml input file, using SAX transform; at the
        endDocument event you can use FOP.jar classes Renderer, build an AreaTree
        and render the document to the output destination (OutputStream or
        whatever).
        You can use FOP example code at first, and its best to set up a transform
        program before you start trying to build a stylesheet, unless you have a
        very simple stylesheet, and even then, you need a way to see the result.
        I think you can look at the FOP source and examples to see; there are
        example programs to produce .pdf sample output in FOP.
        You need the FOP.jar, sax2.jar, w3c.jar, and possibly xalan.jar or xt.jar
        in your project.