RE: [XSL-FO] endless pdf generation problem

  • Victor Vishnyakov
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2004
      > with the XML file that I have sent before... how can I do to
      > transform it in a way that in each page I will only show some
      > number or columns? (I mean, if the report has 343 columns,
      > put 20 in the first page, 20 in the second... and so)... you
      > have to think that there is the posibility that in the actual
      > report, with the 343 columns table, the table can have enough
      > rows to fill more than a page!!!

      AFAIK XSL-FO does not support this electronic worksheet processors
      specific feature.

      Just an idea: if you use fixed table layout you know exact columns count
      to fit the page. Thus you can break your table for different
      page-sequences during your XSL transformation. For example, if you have
      30 columns report and only 3 columns fit the page you can transform your
      XML to 10 page-sequences with 3 columns on each.

      Regards,
      Victor Vishnyakov