Fw: [XSL-FO] endless pdf generation problem

  • Raúl Herranz Serrano
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2004
      ... or even better

      with the XML file that I have sent before... how can I do to transform it in a way that in each page I will only show some number or columns? (I mean, if the report has 343 columns, put 20 in the first page, 20 in the second... and so)... you have to think that there is the posibility that in the actual report, with the 343 columns table, the table can have enough rows to fill more than a page!!!

      Thanks again!

      Raul

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2004
        > with the XML file that I have sent before... how can I do to
        > transform it in a way that in each page I will only show some
        > number or columns? (I mean, if the report has 343 columns,
        > put 20 in the first page, 20 in the second... and so)... you
        > have to think that there is the posibility that in the actual
        > report, with the 343 columns table, the table can have enough
        > rows to fill more than a page!!!

        AFAIK XSL-FO does not support this electronic worksheet processors
        specific feature.

        Just an idea: if you use fixed table layout you know exact columns count
        to fit the page. Thus you can break your table for different
        page-sequences during your XSL transformation. For example, if you have
        30 columns report and only 3 columns fit the page you can transform your
        XML to 10 page-sequences with 3 columns on each.

        Regards,
        Victor Vishnyakov