RE: [XSL-FO] endless pdf generation problem

  • Victor Vishnyakov
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 4, 2004
      > so my question is: could I count the number of columns in my xsl so
      > if there are more columns than a certain number I will be
      > able to print a report with an error message "TOO MUCH
      > COLUMNS IN THE REPORT"?

      Solution 1: page-width = "indefinite". Not sure if FOP supports this
      attribute.
      Solution 2: get starting 5 (or 10) columns from XML in your XSL and
      ignore other columns
      Solution 3: use the fixed column width. Overflow columns will be
      clipped.
      Solution 4: Yes, you can count the quantity of the columns. See
      http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/N2018.html

      Regards,
      Victor Vishnyakov

    • Raúl Herranz Serrano
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 4, 2004
        Thank you very much!! the solution 4 is, at the present moment, the one I choose :) (I hope the client will be agree with that solution ;) )

        Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!

        Raul Herranz