Re: [XSL-FO] Defining the number of columns to be created dynamically

  • J.Pietschmann
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2004
      tikram2003 wrote:
      > I wanted to know if a variable can be used to assign the number of
      > columns to be created in a table.e.g.
      >
      > <xsl:variable name="columnsCount">
      > <xsl:value-of select="/@size">
      > </xsl:variable>

      Try
      <xsl:variable name="columnsCount" select="@size"/>
      instead. The XPath /@size will result in an empty string.

      > Please guide if can be done like this...or the best way to define the
      > number of columns to be created...as in my case it varies.

      If you want a "best way", define "best".

      > Also, if the number of columns in a table is more than the width of
      > the page, how to make the rest of the columns appear in the next
      > page....right now,all the extra columns are just not visible.

      No chance, the XSLFO spec doesn't have any mechanics for this.

      If the sum out your table column widths exceeds the available page
      width, you have to split the table yourself. If the table parts
      should appear on consecutive pages, this will alos require either
      some logic to estimate the table rows per page or some post
      processing of the result in order to reshuffle the pages.

      J.Pietschmann