Re: [XSL-FO] margins not enforced

  • David Tolpin
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 21, 2004
      Chris Bowditch:
      > gjlloyd wrote:
      >
      > > i have set my page left and right margins in my simple-page-master to
      > > be (alternating odd-even) 1.25in & .375in. this is too alow for the
      > > document to be printed and released in a binder.
      > >
      > > problem is that the .375in right margin (on a right hand page) is not
      > > enforced, sometimes text goes beyond this margin.
      >
      > When you say you set the right margins on the simple-page-master do you
      > mean on the region-body element? Just setting the extent on the
      > region-end would not enforce the margin as the region-end is allowed to
      > overlap with the region-body.

      This question should be discussed on http://xep.xattic.com/lists/xep-support/

      Most probably (it is hard to say, unless one sees the source code) the table
      has its size explicitely specified, or computed from explicitely specified
      widths of table columns or cells. If the sum of cells' widths is greater than
      the region's width, there will be overflow.

      And XEP does not clip regions.

      David Tolpin