Re: [XSL-FO] Pagination, conditional question

  • J.Pietschmann
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 19, 2004
      Devon wrote:
      > I have some pages of poetry to output, and some poems span more than
      > one page. For those poems, I need to have a message at the top of the
      > continued pages. I'm not sure how to do this for only those pages that
      > need it and skip it for the rest of the pages.
      >
      > I'm assuming it's relatively simple since it's a basic concept, but
      > I'm not familiar with the FO elements yet so I need some direction
      > here for this.

      It's not obvious because there is no simple built-in construct
      in XSLFO 1.0 (this may be fixed in the next release of the
      standard).
      A common solution is to attach a fo:marker to each but the first
      of a bunch of elements (perhaps poem verses in your case), with
      the content "Continued" or whatever your continuation marker is.
      The first verse gets a marker with the same class but empty
      content. Put a retrieve-marker in the static content. There are
      a few gotchas, but it should mostly work.

      J.Pietschmann