Bottom align cell text when another cell spans 2+ columns

  • dennis_joel_david
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 13, 2004
      Hi.

      Normally, when a table cells inner text is not fit in 1 line
      and therefore wraps, other cells on the same row will have their
      inner text aligned at the top in the cell, like this:
      _COLUMN1_ _COLUMN2_
      THIS IS CELL 2
      CELL 1

      I would like to have the inner text of cell 2 placed on the same line
      as the last line of cell 1, like this:
      _COLUMN1_ _COLUMN2_
      THIS IS
      CELL 1 CELL 2

      Is this possible?
      I use FOP for processing the document,
      so if there is a solution supported by FOP that would be great.

      Thank you.

      Regards, Dennis
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 13, 2004
        At 2004-01-13 19:42 +0000, dennis_joel_david wrote:
        >Normally, when a table cells inner text is not fit in 1 line
        >and therefore wraps, other cells on the same row will have their
        >inner text aligned at the top in the cell, like this:
        >_COLUMN1_ _COLUMN2_
        >THIS IS CELL 2
        >CELL 1
        >
        >I would like to have the inner text of cell 2 placed on the same line
        >as the last line of cell 1, like this:
        >_COLUMN1_ _COLUMN2_
        >THIS IS
        >CELL 1 CELL 2
        >
        >Is this possible?

        Use display-align="after" in your cells and the lines will be snug to the
        bottom of the cell.

        I hope this helps.

        ........................... Ken

        --
        North America (Washington, DC): 3-day XSLT/2-day XSL-FO 2004-03-15
        Instructor-led on-site corporate, government & user group training

        ISBN 0-13-065196-6 Definitive XSLT and XPath
        ISBN 0-13-140374-5 Definitive XSL-FO
        ISBN 1-894049-11-X Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
        Member of the XML Guild of Practitioners: http://XMLGuild.info
      • J.Pietschmann
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 13, 2004
          dennis_joel_david wrote:
          > I would like to have the inner text of cell 2 placed on the same line
          > as the last line of cell 1, like this:
          > _COLUMN1_ _COLUMN2_
          > THIS IS
          > CELL 1 CELL 2

          Try display-align="bottom" on the table cell.

          > I use FOP for processing the document,

          Well, display alignment in FOP isn't exactly complete, but you
          may be lucky.

          J.Pietschmann