RE: [XSL-FO] Differences in FO processors

  • Ryan Graham
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 8, 2004
      >I've been comparing the results between two different FO processors --
      >Arbortext (Epic 4.4 with Print Composer), and Antenna House (evaluation
      >version 2.5).
      >
      >I'm getting MUCH better results with Antenna House.
      >
      >Problems I've found in Arbortext:
      >
      >- flatly ignores all "padding" attributes, whether in blocks or regions
      >- won't let me define block-containers that do NOT inherit the margins from
      >previous blocks
      >- screwing up the right margin on my footer (defined in a 3-cell table)
      >- ???
      >
      >Is there anyplace with documentation on which FO's are/are not supported by
      >each of these processors?

      While you are comparing formatting engines, you may want to try RenderX's
      XEP engine as well. Each vendor should have a section in their
      documentation that outlines their product's support for the FO spec.
    • Eliot Kimber
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 8, 2004
        Gina Cicotello wrote:

        > Is there anyplace with documentation on which FO's are/are not supported by
        > each of these processors?

        From the Epic 4.3.1 release notes:

        For detailed information on XSL-FO support in Epic Editor, refer to
        Arbortext's annotation of the W3C XSL specification, located at
        Epic-path/docs/ati_xsl.pdf and
        Epic-path/docs/ati_xsl_support/ati_xsl.htm. This annotation details
        Arbortext's support for specific formatting objects and properties.
        (This documentation is also available on the distribution CD at
        /docs/ati.xsl.pdf and /docs/ati_xsl_support.zip.)

        Probably in the same place for Epic 4.4.

        Cheers,

        Eliot
        --
        W. Eliot Kimber
        Professional Services

        eliot@...
        www.innodata-isogen.com
      • tokukobayashi2002
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 9, 2004
          Hi!

          I have compiled the comparison of XSL-FO Processors here:

          Comarison: implemention level of major XSL-FO processors
          http://www.antennahouse.com/xslfo/impl-comparison-fo.htm

          Sorry that Epic is not included in them as yet.

          Best regards,

          Tokushige Kobayashi
          Antenna House, Inc.
          E-mail koba@...