RE: [XSL-FO] Differences in FO processors

  • Norma Yeazell
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 8, 2004
      I believe Antenna House has a XSL-FO Conformance page on their web site.

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 8, 2004
        >I've been comparing the results between two different FO processors --
        >Arbortext (Epic 4.4 with Print Composer), and Antenna House (evaluation
        >version 2.5).
        >
        >I'm getting MUCH better results with Antenna House.
        >
        >Problems I've found in Arbortext:
        >
        >- flatly ignores all "padding" attributes, whether in blocks or regions
        >- won't let me define block-containers that do NOT inherit the margins from
        >previous blocks
        >- screwing up the right margin on my footer (defined in a 3-cell table)
        >- ???
        >
        >Is there anyplace with documentation on which FO's are/are not supported by
        >each of these processors?

        While you are comparing formatting engines, you may want to try RenderX's
        XEP engine as well. Each vendor should have a section in their
        documentation that outlines their product's support for the FO spec.
      • Eliot Kimber
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 8, 2004
          Gina Cicotello wrote:

          > Is there anyplace with documentation on which FO's are/are not supported by
          > each of these processors?

          From the Epic 4.3.1 release notes:

          For detailed information on XSL-FO support in Epic Editor, refer to
          Arbortext's annotation of the W3C XSL specification, located at
          Epic-path/docs/ati_xsl.pdf and
          Epic-path/docs/ati_xsl_support/ati_xsl.htm. This annotation details
          Arbortext's support for specific formatting objects and properties.
          (This documentation is also available on the distribution CD at
          /docs/ati.xsl.pdf and /docs/ati_xsl_support.zip.)

          Probably in the same place for Epic 4.4.

          Cheers,

          Eliot
          --
          W. Eliot Kimber
          Professional Services

          eliot@...
          www.innodata-isogen.com
        • tokukobayashi2002
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 9, 2004
            Hi!

            I have compiled the comparison of XSL-FO Processors here:

            Comarison: implemention level of major XSL-FO processors
            http://www.antennahouse.com/xslfo/impl-comparison-fo.htm

            Sorry that Epic is not included in them as yet.

            Best regards,

            Tokushige Kobayashi
            Antenna House, Inc.
            E-mail koba@...