Re: [XSL-FO] How to show the total number of pages using FOP 1.0

  • J.Pietschmann
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 7, 2004
      Federico Worcel wrote:
      > My question is: is there any way on XSL-FO using FOP (I think in
      > version 1.0) to show the total amount of pages to print?

      Yes.

      > Thank you very much, I could solve many problems reading these
      > messages, but I have never seen this problem before in the group.

      It's a FAQ, on other lists anyway:
      http://xml.apache.org/fop/faq.html#fo-total-pages

      J.Pietschmann
    • Federico Worcel
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 8, 2004
        --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "Roland Neilands" <rneilands@p...>
        wrote:
        > Frederico,
        >
        > > My question is: is there any way on XSL-FO using FOP (I think
        in
        > > version 1.0) to show the total amount of pages to print? For
        example,
        > > if there are 5 pages to print they must show in the page number
        1/5,
        > > 2/5, 3/5, 4/5, 5/5. If there 8 pages: 1/8, 2/8, etc.
        >
        > There is a detailed (FAQ) answer here:
        > http://xml.apache.org/fop/fo.html#fo-total-pages
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Roland

        Thanks a lot to both of you (Roland and J.Pietschmann) for showing me
        that link to the solution. I am sorry that I could not find it
        myself, that is because I always get lost navigating the Apache web
        site.

        In the end, I was able to solve the problem perfectly. Thanks again!

        Federico.
      • J.Pietschmann
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 8, 2004
          Federico Worcel wrote:
          > I always get lost navigating the Apache web
          > site.

          There's Google. Searching "FOP FAQ" is a good start. There is also
          the famous XSL FAQ, which also contains a lot of interesting FO stuff.

          J.Pietschmann