RE: [XSL-FO] How to show the total number of pages using FOP 1.0

  • Roland Neilands
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 7, 2004
      Frederico,

      > My question is: is there any way on XSL-FO using FOP (I think in
      > version 1.0) to show the total amount of pages to print? For example,
      > if there are 5 pages to print they must show in the page number 1/5,
      > 2/5, 3/5, 4/5, 5/5. If there 8 pages: 1/8, 2/8, etc.

      There is a detailed (FAQ) answer here:
      http://xml.apache.org/fop/fo.html#fo-total-pages

      Cheers,
      Roland
    • J.Pietschmann
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 7, 2004
        Federico Worcel wrote:
        > My question is: is there any way on XSL-FO using FOP (I think in
        > version 1.0) to show the total amount of pages to print?

        Yes.

        > Thank you very much, I could solve many problems reading these
        > messages, but I have never seen this problem before in the group.

        It's a FAQ, on other lists anyway:
        http://xml.apache.org/fop/faq.html#fo-total-pages

        J.Pietschmann
      • Federico Worcel
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 8, 2004
          --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "Roland Neilands" <rneilands@p...>
          wrote:
          > Frederico,
          >
          > > My question is: is there any way on XSL-FO using FOP (I think
          in
          > > version 1.0) to show the total amount of pages to print? For
          example,
          > > if there are 5 pages to print they must show in the page number
          1/5,
          > > 2/5, 3/5, 4/5, 5/5. If there 8 pages: 1/8, 2/8, etc.
          >
          > There is a detailed (FAQ) answer here:
          > http://xml.apache.org/fop/fo.html#fo-total-pages
          >
          > Cheers,
          > Roland

          Thanks a lot to both of you (Roland and J.Pietschmann) for showing me
          that link to the solution. I am sorry that I could not find it
          myself, that is because I always get lost navigating the Apache web
          site.

          In the end, I was able to solve the problem perfectly. Thanks again!

          Federico.
        • J.Pietschmann
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 8, 2004
            Federico Worcel wrote:
            > I always get lost navigating the Apache web
            > site.

            There's Google. Searching "FOP FAQ" is a good start. There is also
            the famous XSL FAQ, which also contains a lot of interesting FO stuff.

            J.Pietschmann