Re: RE : RE : RE : [XSL-FO] Re: apache fop not rendering pdf. goes into endless loop

  • Alexander Peshkov
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 5, 2004
      Hello Christian,

      cb> BTW, how to you output a vertical bar between two columns, and that
      cb> stops when a block spans the 2 column? XSL Formatter has an extension,
      cb> and I don’t know how to do it without.

      You can draw a rule in SVG and place it into the background of the
      body-region (block with span="all" in this case should have
      background-color="white"). The only shortcoming of this approach is
      that this rule will be drawn through all the page even if columns are
      shorter.
      There is another solution which gives you desired result although it's
      a kind of hack:
      - wrap whole text in a fo:block with left/right borders as thick as
      required rule and left/right padding with the size equal to
      (column-gap width minus rule width) divided by two.
      This way you have desired rule between columns and undesired
      border on either sides.
      - add symmetrical region-start/region-end which have extents as
      wide as region-body margin minus padding of fo:block (calculated
      above). Place in appropriate static contents fo:block-container
      with height="100%" and background-color="white" (it should have
      some non-empty content, i.e. block with empty leader inside).
      These containers will be drawn atop of the side borders and will
      hide them.

      I'll send you a sample demonstrating both approaches off-list.

      Best regards,
      Alexander Peshkov mailto:peshkov@...
      RenderX

      cb> Christian

      cb> -----Message d'origine-----
      cb> De : David Tolpin [mailto:dvd@...]
      cb> Envoyé : jeudi 1 janvier 2004 18:29
      cb> À : XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com
      cb> Objet : Re: RE : RE : [XSL-FO] Re: apache fop not rendering pdf. goes
      cb> into endless loop

      cb> [ Charset ISO-8859-1 unsupported, converting... ]
      >> I did change the memory requirements; it simply did not make it.
      >> Maybe I had to play with some other options (I tried Xmx and Xms)
      >> The source file was 8meg, and it worked if I did not want a cross-ref
      >> index (in fact I needed 2 indexes).

      cb> Did you report the problem to the support team of RenderX? If it is
      cb> a memory issue related to indices, then it should be fixed.

      cb> The current version of RenderX XEP is normally mentioned at
      cb> http://xep.xattic.com/. <http://xep.xattic.com/>
      cb> Did you obtain those results with the current version?

      cb> David Tolpin
      cb> _____

      cb> Yahoo! Groups Links
      cb> * To visit your group on the web, go to:

      cb> * To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

      cb> * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
      cb> Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      cb> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

      cb> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/