Re: [XSL-FO] FOP - render name/value pairs without using table

  • J.Pietschmann
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2004
      markivs2003 wrote:
      > I am using Apache FOP. Is there any way to render name/value pairs
      > (see figure below) without using a table ?

      You can try a list-block, however, tables are easier to understand.

      > I can accomplish this with a table based layout. But is there a way
      > to do it without tables (since tables use a lot of memory) ?

      Do you actually have trouble, read OutOfMemoryExceptions? If you are
      willing to go through some trouble, there is also a patch in CVS which
      fixes most of the easily fixed memory problems with tables (although
      it may break other things).

      > I tried using fo:inline. But fo:inline dose not honour margin-left.
      The FOP implementation of fo:inline is basically the same semantic
      as fo:wrapper.
      You can try to play with leaders a bit.

      J.Pietschmann