Re: Page Numbering

  • Kevin Lindsey
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 11, 2001
      --- In XSL-FO@y..., "Falk" <falk.maechtig@p...> wrote:
      > Now i got an XSL-FO Document, which contains several FO-Blocks.
      > At the end of EACH block I want the page numbers to start with 1
      again and then count upwards till
      > the end of the current block.

      Falk,

      I'm fairly new to XSL-FO, but it looks like you can use the initial-
      page-number attribute on a <page-sequence> element to override the
      current page number.

      HTH,
      Kevin
    • anil_yeladandi@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2001
        Hi Falk,

        I have a similar problem. I generate a PDF that maintains some
        customer data, and each customer data starts on a new page. I use
        the <fo:page-number/> tag to get the current page number. But, I
        need the page number to start with 1 and count up for every new
        customer.

        I display this page number in the page header (xsl-region-before).
        And the customer data is displayed in the body. I use a for loop to
        iterate thru the customers and the table that contains the customer
        data in question is started in the new page as follows:

        <xsl:for-each select="customer">
        <fo:table break-before="page">
        </fo:table>
        </xsl:for-each>

        Now, how do I have the page number to start with 1 for every new
        customer? Did you get any solution to your problem? Any help from
        others is also greatly appreciated.

        Thanks,
        Anil

        --- In XSL-FO@y..., "Falk" <falk.maechtig@p...> wrote:
        > Hello everybody,
        > i'm using FOP0.17 At the moment i use <fo:page-number to number
        the pages.
        > Now i got an XSL-FO Document, which contains several FO-Blocks.
        > At the end of EACH block I want the page numbers to start with 1
        again and then count upwards till
        > the end of the current block.
        > Anybody knows whether this is somehow possible ?
        > Thanks a lot !
        > Falk
      • ralf_folkerts
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 26, 2002
          Hi Falk, Anil,

          I just ran into the same Problem; I print Reports from XML-Data
          (using FOP), using "xsl:apply-templates select=...".

          Now, in some Situations I have to reset the page-count to "1".
          However, this happens dynamically (and I cannot
          tell in advance), when.

          So, I'm looking for a way to reset the page-number from within a
          Document (e.g. using an xsl:if Construct).

          Did any of you find a way to change the page-number from within a
          Document?

          Regards,
          _ralf_