Re: [XSL-FO] Simpler Question about Page citations n java out of memory

  • J.Pietschmann
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 2003
      arianhojat2000 wrote:
      > I had a longggggg document i was testing and its 1800 pages with an
      > id on each 20 pages or so. and a table of contents in beginning with
      > the page number of the id and a link to it... if i use Saxon to make
      > my fo file it makes it fine but resolving each of these links with
      > ids seems to be too grueling for a formatter(fop 20.5) crashes after
      > 3 sequences...

      This has a reason. Read, for example,
      http://xml.apache.org/fop/running.html#memory

      J.Pietschmann
    • tokukobayashi2002
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2004
        Please try XSL Formatter V3.0.
        1,800 page of document will be no problem for it.

        http://www.antennahouse.com/product/axfo30/axfo30top.htm

        Evaluation version is available from here:
        http://www.antennahouse.com/product/axfo30/download.htm

        I hope it helps.

        Best regards,

        Tokushige Kobayashi
        Antenna House, Inc.
        E-mail koba@...
        WWW http://www.antenna.co.jp/
        WWW http://www.antennahouse.com/ (English)
        TEL +81-3-3234-1361(direct call)
        FAX +81-3-3221-9975

        --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "arianhojat2000" <arianhojat2000@y...>
        wrote:
        > I had a longggggg document i was testing and its 1800 pages with an
        > id on each 20 pages or so. and a table of contents in beginning
        with
        > the page number of the id and a link to it... if i use Saxon to
        make
        > my fo file it makes it fine but resolving each of these links with
        > ids seems to be too grueling for a formatter(fop 20.5) crashes
        after
        > 3 sequences... can i give someone my xsl and xml file to test with
        > XEP or another commercial software u have... i just want to know if
        > it works and which software could actually 'compile' my .fo. or if
        no
        > formatter can do huge documents with references yet? thanx!
      • inderbir_ruby
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 4, 2004
          U can try to increase the heapsize by passing a flag -Xmx while
          running the Java Program.

          Please note the heapsize setting varies from one system to another
          depending upon physical memory available.

          Hope it helps.It worked in my case.

          Inderbir.