Simpler Question about Page citations n java out of memory

  • arianhojat2000
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 2003
      I had a longggggg document i was testing and its 1800 pages with an
      id on each 20 pages or so. and a table of contents in beginning with
      the page number of the id and a link to it... if i use Saxon to make
      my fo file it makes it fine but resolving each of these links with
      ids seems to be too grueling for a formatter(fop 20.5) crashes after
      3 sequences... can i give someone my xsl and xml file to test with
      XEP or another commercial software u have... i just want to know if
      it works and which software could actually 'compile' my .fo. or if no
      formatter can do huge documents with references yet? thanx!
    • Christian Duschl
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 31, 2003
        This is propably not a problem of the formatter.
        Use the -Xmx Parameter to give Java more memory (-Xmx1024M f.e.).

        regards, chrisd

        > I had a longggggg document i was testing and its 1800 pages with an
        > id on each 20 pages or so. and a table of contents in beginning with
        > the page number of the id and a link to it... if i use Saxon to make
        > my fo file it makes it fine but resolving each of these links with
        > ids seems to be too grueling for a formatter(fop 20.5) crashes after
        > 3 sequences... can i give someone my xsl and xml file to test with
        > XEP or another commercial software u have... i just want to know if
        > it works and which software could actually 'compile' my .fo. or if no
        > formatter can do huge documents with references yet? thanx!
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • J.Pietschmann
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 31, 2003
          arianhojat2000 wrote:
          > I had a longggggg document i was testing and its 1800 pages with an
          > id on each 20 pages or so. and a table of contents in beginning with
          > the page number of the id and a link to it... if i use Saxon to make
          > my fo file it makes it fine but resolving each of these links with
          > ids seems to be too grueling for a formatter(fop 20.5) crashes after
          > 3 sequences...

          This has a reason. Read, for example,
          http://xml.apache.org/fop/running.html#memory

          J.Pietschmann
        • tokukobayashi2002
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 1, 2004
            Please try XSL Formatter V3.0.
            1,800 page of document will be no problem for it.

            http://www.antennahouse.com/product/axfo30/axfo30top.htm

            Evaluation version is available from here:
            http://www.antennahouse.com/product/axfo30/download.htm

            I hope it helps.

            Best regards,

            Tokushige Kobayashi
            Antenna House, Inc.
            E-mail koba@...
            WWW http://www.antenna.co.jp/
            WWW http://www.antennahouse.com/ (English)
            TEL +81-3-3234-1361(direct call)
            FAX +81-3-3221-9975

            --- In XSL-FO@yahoogroups.com, "arianhojat2000" <arianhojat2000@y...>
            wrote:
            > I had a longggggg document i was testing and its 1800 pages with an
            > id on each 20 pages or so. and a table of contents in beginning
            with
            > the page number of the id and a link to it... if i use Saxon to
            make
            > my fo file it makes it fine but resolving each of these links with
            > ids seems to be too grueling for a formatter(fop 20.5) crashes
            after
            > 3 sequences... can i give someone my xsl and xml file to test with
            > XEP or another commercial software u have... i just want to know if
            > it works and which software could actually 'compile' my .fo. or if
            no
            > formatter can do huge documents with references yet? thanx!
          • inderbir_ruby
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 4, 2004
              U can try to increase the heapsize by passing a flag -Xmx while
              running the Java Program.

              Please note the heapsize setting varies from one system to another
              depending upon physical memory available.

              Hope it helps.It worked in my case.

              Inderbir.